planetWayne.com - Forums
Rants and Raves and Generally Anything
sipura 3000 and asterisk

View previous topic :: View next topic  
derek
planetFreshman

PostPosted: Tue Jul 04, 2006 6:31 pm    Post subject: sipura 3000 and asterisk Reply with quote

First of all let me just say thank you for posting your information here. It has helping me understand a lot. However, I still a little confused. I'm using sipura 3000 to convert the analog line to sip. I would like the line to ring 4-5 times then send the call to the asterisk server. I'm not sure if this is even possible. I hope you can shed some light on this subject.
planetWayne
Site Admin

PostPosted: Sun Jul 09, 2006 9:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hiya Derek, thanks for dropping by.
I must admit, my the way I have the sipura configured at the moment is to pass the call to asterisk as soon as possible. There is a slight delay of 1 ring but that's because its also reading the caller line id.

I must admit that the docs for these things are a little sketchy and to be honest there's too much to twiddle (although I guess its good to some!)

As for your 'delayed' answer, I thought I'd found it - but it turns out that its the time involved with the 'phone' port answering an inbound call from Asterisk.

The only other thing is to get asterisk to wait before answering the line. You will - this can be done with the 'wait' command as part of your inbound context for the SPA.
Something like
Code:

exten =>s,1,answer
exten =>s,n,wait(10) <-- wait 10 seconds
exten =>s,n,dial(my phones etc...)

Its a bit of a work around I guess but may be what you need?

cheers
Wayne.
derek
planetFreshman

PostPosted: Mon Jul 10, 2006 11:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for your relpy. I think that you may not have understood my question. The problem I'm trying to resolve is how do I get the sipura to send calls to the asterisk server. currently the two things I can get the supira to is: do nothing so that it is a passive device or to get it to accept an incoming call and dump it to a dial tone to make another call. Sort of like a proxy I guess. So to reword my question. Can I send all incoming calls to my asterisk server? If so how.
planetWayne
Site Admin

PostPosted: Tue Aug 29, 2006 5:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've made the answer to this a forum 'Sticky' here
Post new topic   Reply to topic    planetWayne.com - Forums Forum Index -> VoIP All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: