planetWayne.com - Forums
Rants and Raves and Generally Anything
VoWlan and asterisk???(beginner)

View previous topic :: View next topic  
garai
planetFreshman

PostPosted: Thu Jan 05, 2006 5:28 pm    Post subject: VoWlan and asterisk???(beginner) Reply with quote

Hi!!! I'd like to use voip over wlan, but I don't have wlan phones. Can I use it wth notebooks with the help of xlite??? This would be my thesis and the task is to use an open source solution, that's why I thought asterisk. I read a lot about(wiki), but I couldn't find any articles about how to use it with wlan. Could anybody help how is it possible, if it is???
planetWayne
Site Admin

PostPosted: Fri Jan 06, 2006 12:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hiya,
Yeah - you shouldn't have a problem with a wireless lan (wlan) and xlite, its just a SIP client (phone) to your asterisk set up.

as long as you have full network access from the wlan to your asterisk box (I'm assuming that its on the same lan?) then all should be ok.

I've even been doing some testing with Ipaq's running wireless talking to my asterisk box - neat!

Have Fun!
Wayne.
garai
planetFreshman

PostPosted: Fri Jan 06, 2006 7:57 am    Post subject: Thanks for help .... Reply with quote

Hi!Thanks for your help, I will try it next week(I hope) and I will write about the result. I'd have only 1 more question how can I examine packet loss, QoS....., so the quality parameters???(If my knowledge is right, the voice quality will be worth then the wired networks.) Very Happy
Post new topic   Reply to topic    planetWayne.com - Forums Forum Index -> VoIP All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: