planetWayne.com - Forums
Rants and Raves and Generally Anything
HieeeeYA!

Post new topic   Reply to topic    planetWayne.com - Forums Forum Index -> Blogger
View previous topic :: View next topic  
planetWayne
Site Admin

PostPosted: Sat Feb 19, 2005 2:04 am    Post subject: HieeeeYA! Reply with quote

Well - After a nervracking grading last friday - we have all now passed our yellow belts in Shotokan Karate (8th Kyu)!

Just to fill you in on the details - Last June (2004) Stephanie started taking Karate lessons at our local Shotokan Karate Club, the Lakeside Karate Club. She was just starting to settle in when Wayne Jnr was itching to join too! No problem there - as we all went down as spectators originaly - Wayne Jnr joining in wasnt a problem. Then came the crunch - they (the children) bullied/begged/ NAGGED ME to join in too! (your kidding right!) well no! So within a month or so, that was it - all of us (appart from 'mum' who keeps the supplies ready!) were all there swinging and kicking about!

Well, we all started getting into it and meeting new people and being made welcome into the club that its now our full time 'hobby' The children are learning a good way of fighting / self defence, me - I get to be a little fitter than I was - Hay I enjoy it too!
We all got our red belts last October - Stephanie getting a 'first class' pass. Applause (If she does punch you - you had better move!), this time with our yellow belts, Stephanie and myself both got a 'first class' pass. cheers

The club itself is a member of the Midland Shotokan Karate Federation (MSKF) with our club listed here.

Have a look at the other photos in the gallery here
Post new topic   Reply to topic    planetWayne.com - Forums Forum Index -> Blogger All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: