planetWayne.com - Forums
Rants and Raves and Generally Anything
Asterisk, Xbox, what kind of place is this!

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Dirky
planetFreshman

PostPosted: Tue Nov 23, 2004 9:03 pm    Post subject: Asterisk, Xbox, what kind of place is this! Reply with quote

Hi,
Well I stumbled upon this site in my quest to get Asterisk working at home, it just so happens we have 3 xbox here too!
Anyway, back to the problem.

I've setup Asterisk with a single BT line connecting to it via a X100P card.
I've got 1 voip phone which I got from Solwise. I've managed to get this working along with a couple of Xtel programs on the PC's.

The main bit I'm struggling with at the moment is dialing out over the BT line from the SIP phone or the PC phone?

I believe I need an entry in the extensions.conf file but I'm not really sure what it should be. I've tried a few things from the examples but cant get it working! Sad
I can dial in on the BT line and then call an extension and that seems to work.

Can you help please? Or at least give me a leg up!

thanks

Dirky
planetWayne
Site Admin

PostPosted: Thu Nov 25, 2004 6:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hiya Dirky - thanks for dropping by!

Feel free to add some x-box stuff - for some reason the people that wanted the group gave up... Confused

Anyways - back on topic Smile ...

Have you got the X100P recognised by the system yet?. If it doesnt know about it then trying things in your extentions.conf wont do a jot !

Theres a most excellent guide over at the AutomatedIt web site. Gives you all the basics on getting a demo system up and running.

The bits you need to watch out for are here. If you read down a bit further - it goes on about modprobe. This is the bit that gets * to recognise your cards.

Once you have that up and running you can check to see if its all plugged up correctly by checking the status on the card. From a shell type 'zttool' - it should show you your card and status. If theres an alarm (as in not plugged into the phone line) it'll show you here.

If you can get that far - drop me another line and we can go from there.

Smile
Post new topic   Reply to topic    planetWayne.com - Forums Forum Index -> VoIP All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: