planetWayne.com - Forums
Rants and Raves and Generally Anything
Routers & ADSL

Post new topic   Reply to topic    planetWayne.com - Forums Forum Index -> Help Me Out With These Bits...
View previous topic :: View next topic  

Worth the money?
Yes
0%
 0%  [ 0 ]
No
0%
 0%  [ 0 ]
Total Votes : 0

GreatWhiteBear
planetDude

PostPosted: Sun Feb 23, 2003 6:48 pm    Post subject: Routers & ADSL Reply with quote

I have been looking at the DG824M (Netgear) Wireless. What are your views Question
planetWayne
Site Admin

PostPosted: Mon Feb 24, 2003 1:11 am    Post subject: Mmm Reply with quote

Mr G. has got himself a netgear router, isnt wireless tho. seem good on the speck list but thats about all ive seen...

I would always choose a router over a bolt on to windows cause windows never work as it should...

Insaying that - there was FreeSco that was ok (linux Router project) but I guess you havnt got a second machine going spare with a couple of net cards in it... Cool
chrisd
planetDude

PostPosted: Thu Feb 27, 2003 11:09 pm    Post subject: My setup Reply with quote

At the mo at home I have three computers (all hard wired into a switch) and one latop (with docking station). One PC has wingate for internet connection sharing and blackice firewall installed, works well for me.

My website will be moving to the office where we are waiting on the installation of a non-nat, 5ip adsl link. that will have an intrusion box with checkpoint vpn.

No wireless yet as speed is important.

Just got my new laptop Wink !!!!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    planetWayne.com - Forums Forum Index -> Help Me Out With These Bits... All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: