planetWayne.com - Forums
Rants and Raves and Generally Anything
More work on the Web Site!

Post new topic   Reply to topic    planetWayne.com - Forums Forum Index -> Blogger
View previous topic :: View next topic  
planetWayne
Site Admin

PostPosted: Wed Jun 16, 2004 11:18 pm    Post subject: More work on the Web Site! Reply with quote

Well, you may not have noticed - but the web site bloggy bit (this lot ere!) has been updated and re-coded Shocked - If you ever looked through the forums I've also added a forum for the blogger (this!).

This basicly means that I can now very easily log into the forums and add new topics to this - which then, through a mod, gets called onto the main page! - How groovy is that! - Ok maybe not that much, but it means that I can edit and update a lot better that before - and cause its already coded I dont have to do the front page in HTML/PHP.

Ok you can get content management software to do this - but how much pre done stuff do you realy want to add to a site before it becomes a collection of bits rather than your own Question

And Just to add MORE excitement to it all! - Ive added an RSS feed as well - so now you can plug me into your favorite reader and get updates without having to dive at the web site! - Point your reader to here to get the updates as they happen! I'll try not to change the feed ID Wink

If you need a reader / viewer - theres a nice little one that can be downloaded here created by Serence - its handy to be able to get feeds from CNN etc without having to go look - nice little system tray icon and away you go!

AND - Because its now in a forum - you can add your own comments etc as replys to add the excitement that is planetWayne.com

I have been busy! Laughing

Last edited by planetWayne on Tue Jul 04, 2006 5:38 pm; edited 1 time in total
GreatWhiteBear
planetDude

PostPosted: Thu Jun 17, 2004 9:20 am    Post subject: The site is coming on! Reply with quote

Someone has been working hard, I wish i had the time to keep up to date with my site Exclamation

Font size is great, easy to read, clear and not too cluttered.

Idea Might need to spread all the PHP content about a bit though, otherwise it all looks like text at the top and tons of graphicals at the bottom.

Like the RSS feed, but can't read it at the moment properly because i don't have the viewer.

Keep up the good work Exclamation Smile
planetWayne
Site Admin

PostPosted: Thu Jun 17, 2004 8:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hiya!
yeah - been looking at doing the bloggy bit before - managed to find a few 'mods' for the forums that make it work...

If you need a reader - have a look at Here - theres a load of links to other news / RSS feeds to - shareconnector is a nice one (but Shhhh!)

L8rS! Very Happy

oh - nearly forgot - the text on the front page is alterable whereby it will only do the last (i forget) 10 posts - the rest are kept in here Smile
GreatWhiteBear
planetDude

PostPosted: Mon Jul 03, 2006 5:49 am    Post subject: Bloggs and things Reply with quote

The site is coming along nicely now. And early this morning you had a fair few guests online, keeps ticking over. I managed to check your site before i went out this morning, HTLM is a new one on me Smile I've been re-coding my site at the moment, well, the snooker site, and my php scripts are coming along, all be them from text books, but i am picking up bits and pieces. Keep it going, it's obviously working! Very Happy
planetWayne
Site Admin

PostPosted: Tue Jul 04, 2006 5:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

What - where?? htlm???? new one on me too?
Post new topic   Reply to topic    planetWayne.com - Forums Forum Index -> Blogger All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: