planetWayne.com - Forums
Rants and Raves and Generally Anything
DISASTER STRUCK!

Post new topic   Reply to topic    planetWayne.com - Forums Forum Index -> Blogger
View previous topic :: View next topic  
planetWayne
Site Admin

PostPosted: Tue Feb 04, 2003 12:00 am    Post subject: DISASTER STRUCK! Reply with quote

Wayne jnr, in all his wisdom decided to reset my main pc! When he eventually called me to say the computer had crashed I found it doing a chkdsk and finding loads of cross linked clusters! Eventually it rebooted and complained about the System32\Config\Software file being corrupted or read only. Having a dive around with the recovery console (Backups I hear you say, ?!) I decided the best action was to start from scratch. It was due soon anyway, this just sped up the process. Well after a few days of rebuilding (and the fact that I came down ill) its finally getting to a point of working again. I still have the 'personalization' to do yet (the P in PC) but the basic systems back. Just have to remember what I had installed! - Oh Well Confused ...
Post new topic   Reply to topic    planetWayne.com - Forums Forum Index -> Blogger All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: