planetWayne.com - Forums
Rants and Raves and Generally Anything
Configuring a Linksys / SipURA SPA3000

View previous topic :: View next topic  
planetWayne
Site Admin

PostPosted: Fri Jul 14, 2006 9:32 pm    Post subject: Configuring a Linksys / SipURA SPA3000 Reply with quote

This ones a little long - hopefully not too boring! Very Happy

In your Sip.conf file you need something along the lines of...
Code:

; This ones for the analogue phone
[LinkSys1]               ; used to identify your spa within extentions.conf
context=nicepeople       ; the context for the device to sit in.
cancallforward=yes
dtmfmode=rfc2833
type=friend
host=dynamic             ; I haven't got fixed ip addresses
username=LinkSys1        ; used back in the spa
secret=password         
authuser=LinkSys1
callerid=AnaloguePhone
canreinvite=no           ; Let * be the middle man in all the calls.

; This one is for the 'line' connection to the outside world
[LinkSysOut]             ; used to id this within your extentions.conf
context=bell             ; this is the context that will get jumped to when a call comes in on this. (I've identified it separate here to the phone to keep dial plan privileges separate)
cancallforward=yes
dtmfmode=rfc2833
type=friend
host=dynamic
username=LinkSysOut      ; used in the spa
secret=password
authuser=LinkSysOut
callerid=Line1
Nat=no
canreinvite=no           ; Let * be the middle man in all the calls.

Obviously passwords need to be set - things like callerids can be changed - canreinvite could be set to yes but I have an Internet connection so the asterisk box needs to stay in the loop to get through my firewall.

OK that's the sip.conf - a quick note on my extentions.conf in this example.
context=nicepeople is where I stick my phones (OK - devices) that I use - each can call each other and access the outside world etc... normal extentions.conf stuff really.
context=bell is used to hold my analogue lines (ma-bell:) I've got a few inbound macros that run to screen incoming calls so all my inbound stuff from the outside world goes through the same context.

Your SPA is where the fun starts Smile
Now You may have to try things a few times and get back to me if it doesn't work and I'll look a bit deeper.

First off - log-in as administrator and select advanced view. If I don't talk about a setting - its the default.

OK going in tab order

System
The easy one, set your IP address/ dns/ gateway to fit within your network on the system tab.

Regional
Caller ID Method = Bellcore(N.Amer,China) - Although I'm in the UK, on an NTL analogue line, they use Bellcore standards for caller line id.

Line1
Line Enable = yes
Sip Port = 5060
Proxy = ip address of your asterisk box
Register = Yes

The next bit (still on the Line1 tab) correspond to the part of your sip.conf file we were setting above.
Display Name = LinkSys1
User ID = LinkSys1
Password = password
Auto PSTN Fallback = Yes

PSTN Line
Line Enable = yes
Sip Port = 5061
Proxy = ip address of your asterisk box
Register = Yes

This is similar to the Line1 tab and also ties into your sip.conf file. The difference this time, is this is for the actual analogue line (the one that you plug into the wall not the phone!).
Display Name = LinkSysOut
User ID = LinkSysOut
Password = password

Dialplan 8 = S0<:s> ; this is key later on. I've picked dialplan 8 but you can use any spare - as long as you make a note of the dialplan you use. The <:s> basically says go to the first or start extension within the context that we set in sip.conf (I set this to [bell])

VoIP-To-PSTN Gateway Enable = yes (you do want to dial out I guess.)
PSTN-To-VoIP Gateway Enable = yes (and we do want inbound calls)
PSTN CID For VoIP CID = yes passes the caller id.
PSTN Caller Default DP = 8 - Remember I said you can pick your own dial plan above - this is where you tell it which one you have set the S0<:s> in.

You may have to play with these to get the spa to detect call ending...
Detect CPC = yes
Detect Polarity Reversal = yes This made the biggest difference with NTL - as soon as the line drops this picks it straight away! I used to use a x100p clone card which took a while to detect disconnection - this is right on the button!
Detect Disconnect Tone = yes

Sorry if this is a bit long winded - but I had the problem, when I was looking into this originally, where others would post the config but not really explain what was doing what - hopefully this does a little better Wink

Wayne.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    planetWayne.com - Forums Forum Index -> VoIP All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: