planetWayne.com - Forums
Rants and Raves and Generally Anything
Polycom IP300 versus Polycom IP500

View previous topic :: View next topic  
hakkatil
planetFreshman

PostPosted: Wed May 18, 2005 3:29 pm    Post subject: Polycom IP300 versus Polycom IP500 Reply with quote

HI to all,

I know Polycom IP500 has Full-Duplex Hands Free Operation , Automatic Gain Control and Background Noise Suppression features.

But are these features make any big difference?

What do you think?

HAK
planetWayne
Site Admin

PostPosted: Wed May 18, 2005 5:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hiya,
I've not used the Polycom phones myself but have used 3Com phones that have both the Full-Duplex and Half-Duplex Hands Free Operation.

First off - if you dont think your going to be a user of hands free then no worries.

We have had poeple, typicly MD's and the like or managers with thier own office, that are too 'idle' to pick up a phone in preferance to hitting an answer button and speaking at it. For them, only having half duplex was a problem. You basicly have to wait untill the other chaps finished speaking before you can interrupt (and knowing MD's that always want to but in Rolling Eyes ...). The 3com phones used to switch on the basis of who was loudest so you would end up with a shouting match going on as you try and be louder than the chap on the other end of the phone.

Switching them over to a Full Duplex phone was a big improvement as mr MD could just but in as and when interrupting the other guy and not have to shout! Wink so bonus there.

With the extra stuff (gain and noise suppression) these are going to help the hands free use whereby no more shouting at the phone to be heard etc...

So I guess - if these things are like the 3com ones then I would be tempted to use them for managers / conferance rooms etc... your average joe thats tied to a desk in an open plan office wont realy be using hands free anyways...

Any Clearer?Cool
Wayne.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    planetWayne.com - Forums Forum Index -> VoIP All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: